MBF24 Sports Sneaker Wars Vol.1: Showcase & Battle
Time & Location
About The Event
-Turning Fashion Into a Sport
Friday August 24th
@ District Sports Center
Doors Open @ 6:30pm
2 showcase games & 1 sneaker battle
7:00pm: Class of 2024 Basketball Showcase
Jersey City BGC (NJ) vs Team Thrill NC (NC)
This is the Bobby Hurley match up: Jersey City to Durham!! Jersey City BGC finished their season placing 8th at 6th Grade AAU Nationals and ranked #15 in the country by Global Grassroots and #10 in the country by the NYAA. Team Thrill finished their season placing 9th at 12u AAU Nationals and ranked #20 in the country by Global Grassroots and #15 by the NYAA. These teams have never faced off until Sneaker Wars Vol.1!!
8:00pm: Sneaker Battle
Judged by Cool Kicks VA
9:40pm: Class of 2023 Basketball Showcase
Team DC (AAU) vs Arlington Ducks Elite (PYBL)
This match is the 1st time we'll see a AAU team matched up with a PYBL team. Team DC up and coming program starting to knock on some doors will face up vs the PYBL Elite Summer Champions, The Arlington Ducks! Should be a good one!
- 1 match will consist of 2 rounds
- 1 round will consist of 2 contestants walking out on stage (one at a time) to their selected song played for no longer than 2 min. Wearing an unlimited, exclusive, retro or hype pair of sneakers with props or outfit (shirt, hat, socks, shorts/pants, etc) to match their theme of sneaker and song.
- Each round will be judged by the contestants sneaker, selected song (how it relates to the sneaker or props), level of enthusiasm and energy to the crowd.
- Contestants will pull numbers out of a hat to see their position for the elite 8
- The Elite 8 will consist of 4 matches
- The judges will choose the winner of each match up to the championship based on score given. Once a contestant loses a match they are eliminated from the Sneaker Battle.
- Final 4 will consist of 2 matches
- Championship will be 1 match of 2 rounds
- Champion will be chosen by the crowds feedback. If crowd feedback rules it as a draw, the judges will choose the winner.
- Champion wins: Sneaker Battle Trophy, $500 in sneaker gift cards and an additional surprise gift
- NO Fakes allowed! Knock off sneakers will lead to immediate disqualification
- Contestants are responsible for knowing what song they want for their walk out onto the stage but not responsible for supplying the actual track unless its a personal track that a DJ doesn't have access too. All tracks must be edit versions.
- Contestants are allowed to be free, fun and creative without using profanity, becoming physical with other contestants or our crowd, vulgar or disrespectful gestures to others sex, religion or nationality
DJ Supa Reem
Everflow Auto Group
MBF24 Fashion vendor table will be selling 24 Fashion Inventory
Hot Jamaican food on sale
Admission: $10 - pre purchased tickets to avoid line
If interested in participating in the Sneaker Battle or getting a vendor table and have more questions email email@example.com